The very first information technology promotion project launched in Sri Lanka by a local authority is e-balangoda project.
Aims and objectives:
To make aware the citizens on the latest issues of the modern technology and its uses as well as leading the nation towards the global village.
- Providing guidance for the internet users to get information easily and quickly.
- Launching Information technology promotion programmes in the school level.
- Introducing and providing guidance to use the e-items such as e-learning, e-channeling, e-library, e-books, e-money, e-magazine, e-card, e-banking, e-commerce.
- Helping to reduce unemployment by introducing new computer related job opportunities.
- Appointing skilled employees to computer related jobs.
- Guiding the business community of the area to build up positive international business relationships.
- Making aware the public on free open source software and Operating Systems.
- Launching troubleshooting programmes to help the public to solve the problems related to computers.(Hardware/Software)
- Providing guidance and co-ordination to buy computers and to follow computer courses.
- Holding one day internet workshops for government servants, conducting special ICT lectures and workshops for students and un-employees and conducting computer courses.
- Providing guidance and co-ordination to computerize the business institutions.
- Providing guidance to establish new computer related businesses and helping to solve problems occurred when carrying on and maintaining.
- Balangoda urban council.
- Balangoda public library.
- e – library of the Balangoda public library.
- Balangoda Computer Society.
For more information - Mr. Sankalpa Pemadasa - 045– 2287275 / 045-2288737
- Copyright© Balangoda Urban Council -
- Designed by SankaSoft Creations - SRI LANKA